Saturday, November 7, 2009

One-eyed Sally

Today, I spent most of my day in one of the free-roam rooms because we've got volunteers out the ears (yay!)! And I wanted to spend more time with Sally who I met last week - a timid, growly girl. I have a soft spot for the special and scared ones. I like to give them extra TLC so they know this loud, scary place isn't so bad, and that they are still loved.

One-eyed Sally
I think she needs a jeweled eye patch.

Sally
She may only have one eye, but it is big and beautiful and curious enough for two.

sallyplaytrio
Sally's playful! You'd never know she was a crouching, growling girl a week ago.

Nika Hershey
Her roommates joined in on the fun, and some were kind enough to let me snap a decent photo - Nika and Hershey.

Ace
Hey, I'm Ace.

Charlie Killian
Later, I went to the main room to spend some time with the caged cats. Everyone seems to have great markings this week! Charlie (who LOVES to hug! can I have him??) has a goofy clown face on his back, and Killian has a wee heart on his leg.

spca 064
By the time my shift ended, Sally was queen kitty on top of the kitty condo! I like to think I had a little something to do with her newfound confidence. ;)

(P.S. Eek, this layout is too narrow, please stand-by while I hunt for something more suitable...)

(P.P.S. This is a work in progress - trying to find my groove on how much to write, how many pics to post, the flow, etc.)

1 comment:

  1. Relax Angie! I say post as much or little as the spirit moves you that day. We'll eat it all up!! ;-)

    Yes, I find the narrow layout a bit confining over at Space Paws, too, but haven't been moved to play with it yet!

    Love, love, love the shot of Sally in the red tube... an art photo already!!

    ReplyDelete