Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

So, where have I been, you wonder. Well, I showed you a sneak peak of our newest. And that's exactly where I've been. Oh, and Facebook too (grumble grumble).

merry merry!
Oh the torture I must endure...

This is Winnie, our scared little dachshund girl from the same rescue as Dash, but with a very different story. Winnie is from a championship pedigree, but an "accidental breeding," which led to her being locked in a cage for the first year and a half of her life. So she's completely unsocialized. And unlike Dash, who'd been rehabilitated with the rescue for more than a year, Winnie was only there for about a month, so we're starting from the beginning.

She runs and hides and tinkles when she's nervous. She's tense and hesitant. But she's slowly coming around. Her spunky little personality is shining through. She romps with the dogs when no humans are in the room. She gives lots of sweet kisses. She likes to cuddle. And she LIKES bike rides!!

winnie
Don't you dare sing the wicked witch song!

Slow and steady wins the race, right? As for the SPCA kitties, I don't get there as often right now, but when I do, it's a whole new crew. Last Monday, they were going out as fast as they were coming in! I'll have an update on them and their room renovations soon, as well as the 2011 Paws in the Park. Till then!

3 comments:

  1. Winnie is so cute!!! And no, I am not sing any songs about wicked witches! Muwahahahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy + bike basket = love!!!

    Welcome to Winnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Winnie, you sweet little girl! So happy that you've found yourself such a wonderful home :)

    Ugh...people who lock animals in cages should be locked up in cages themselves...sorry, it's a sore subject for me, considering my Poppy was locked up in a cage for 8 years and Bino for 6 years before they were rescued!

    ReplyDelete